Friday 7 November 2014

Cleaning for company

Why is it that you invite someone over, you know they won't judge you for the way your house looks if there are a few toys here and there, a bit of paperwork on the mantelpiece or some items drying on the draining board yet we (or is it just me), feel the need to rush around like a crazy person trying to get the house to look as much like a show home as humanly possible.

Few people actually live like this once they have kids right??  PC (pre-children) our house was clean, tidy and organised. Then three little terrors came into our lives and systematically let off toy bombs in every room in the house. In fact, PC the bathroom had only relevant items, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes.... now it has 20+ bath toys, mermaids, boats, penguins and fish... also bath paints and crayons.... sponges, buckets for hair washing and steps so the little ones can reach the sink.

I don't think I realised JUST how many items a child needs* in every room. They are SOOOO small.... but they take up SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much room.

I remember I once had a bath.... in silence... with candles... music..... I remember :)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it.... I love my family and I love my life... it's just different to what I expected. 

Nx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome...

So, you found me (and my ramblings) just sitting here waiting to be heard.